Friday, January 4, 2013

What would a blog be without an Introduction?

My passion in life is food. Not just any food, but food that properly nourishes us and provides an impact on our life that will last through the years. One that last longer than the impact some choices might have on our taste buds. I have a specific fondness for the family. Probably because I love mine so darn much that I want them to live happy and healthy lives. My focus as a future Dietetic professional centers on the family, from their nutrition to their health and well being.  
First order of business: I do not believe in depriving yourself. I do believe in balance and moderation. Both are key to a long, happy, and healthy life. That is why I’ve created this website, to encourage the occasional indulgence (Hellooo chocolate!…. in moderation of course) all balanced with healthy daily choices. I push for lots of fresh, seasonal produce. You should love what you eat as well as eat what you love. Eating healthy does not have to be boring. You will find that I will never support a “yo-yo/juice/fad-of-the-month-dieting” plan. Only healthy choices for a healthy life.
I am a newlywed, and marired life is bliss. My husband is my rock. He is my best friend, my biggest encourager. He pushes me to be my best and always stands by me. He is my True Believer as I am his. Without him I am missing half of myself.
We have a two year old son who is the gem of my life. He is my “Little Man”, my side kick, and future nutrition guru. I strive to provide him with a well balanced diet full of healthy choices. You’ll be hard pressed to come across a post that won’t include a tid bit about my son.
I began my journey in a Dietetic Technician program in the Fall of 2012.. In May of 2013 I will graduate with my Associates in Dietetic Technology and sit for my boards and will, with a little bit of luck, hard work (and good eats!), become a Dietetic Technician, Registered. If you are interested in more information about the profession of Dietetics, go here. Not only can you find information about becoming a RD or DTR, but it also supplies you with tons of reliable health and nutrition information.
In this blog you will find……
  
  • I support local, seasonal produce and food practice. The fresher the food, the better it will taste!
  • I believe in culinary practices at home. Cooking does not have to be complicated. I focus on creating healthy, well-balanced recipes that you can follow with ease, and that won’t rob you of your day. (We aren’t all Martha Stewart’s here…)
  • Building a healthy relationship with food is key.
  • I am NOT here to tell you what you can and can not eat. I will never scorn or chaise you for eating something that might not be the best. I believe in healthy, controlled indulgence. I firmly believe everything has a place in our diet. Even the “sometimes” foods.
  • I love nutrition. It is my passion in life to spread the word about the powers of nutrition and its ability to prevent illness. I am often heard saying “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.
We live in a food centered culture, almost everything we do socially involves food. Learning the in’s and out’s of nutrition will prove its value time and time again. Make wise choices, live a little, and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment